Saturday, April 4, 2009

Starting a blog which teaches Japanese. Introduction to katakana, hiragana and kanji

「皆さん、こんにちは。私はカイと申します。どうぞよろしくお願いします。」

Hello everybody. I'm Kai sensei. What you see above is a sentence written in Japanese (of course).

Now as I'm starting this blog, I'm starting with examples of letters (or kana) used in a Japansese written sentence or text.

Above, you can see Japanese letters like Katakana, Hiragana and Kanji.

Above, you can see 25 hiragana letters, 2 katakana letters and 4 kanji letters.

But I'm sure you're not ready for the sentence above so... Here's something simple.

私はブルネイから来ました。

Here you can see 2 kanji letters, 6 hiragana letters and 4 katakana letters.

An example of using hiragana letters - すし (Sushi)
An example of using katakana letters - アメリカ (America)
An example of using kanji letters - 学校 (Gakkou) (School)

You see, kanji letters are used for knowing the meaning of the words you say while hiragana are just letters which just makes the sounds. And katakana is used for words which are not of Japanese Language or terms.

So come to this blog often and I shall update some lessons each day or week. Hopefully I'm not too busy. And to be honest, I'm actually still studying Japanese. But I want to make good use of my Japanese since I haven't been to Japan yet.

But I've met many people from Japan. And they said that my Japanese sounds good.

So anyway. Before I start teaching, I will introduce you all to writing in hiragana and katakana first. And maybe I might introduce you to some kanji letters. (And kanji is one of the difficult kana to learn).

And I'm sorry to say that I will not teach in Romaji (the normal alphabet letters).

But for now, I'll write something in Romaji...

and thats...

Ja mata (see you again).

No comments:

Post a Comment